Re: Recal remotely?

Jim Fakatselis

Wow, nice.  Thank you Brian, will try it out ASAP.
I was also reading about All Sky Plate Solver by an Italian developer.
Anyone have any experience with that?

Thank you team!
Jim

On Jun 26, 2020, at 12:41 PM, Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:

Jim

you can install ansvr which is blind platesolve that you can run locally

It's pretty straightforward to install, but you need to pay attention to your imaging scale and download the correct catalogs (the default range is pretty generous so you may not need to adjust, but for longer or shorter focal lengths, just look closely)

it's essentially a local version of astrometry.net

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:39 AM Jim Fakatselis <jfakatse@...> wrote:
Have never done that. Guess I’ll have to read up on it somehow. Ray says it’s in APPM.  Then I would prob have to create a model correct?

In a quick web search there are some freeware pkgs that advertise they do all sky plate solves without even an active internet connection.  Not sure how cumbersome they could be. Need to look into it.
Looks like I need a model, I have APCC Pro on my Mach1GTO and 1100GTOAE.
Jim

On Jun 26, 2020, at 12:11 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

The Mach1 doesn't have encoders on the shaft, so if the clutch slipped the scope would be pointing off. Can you do an all sky plate solve?