Re: Recal remotely?

Bob Benamati

Been there with my 900...

What I've done is slew to a known star/object in the area, center it, and select that object in my planetarium software and send a manual Rcal (a "Synch" in their terms usually).

To double check, do a quick plate solve.

HTH.
Bob
Sent via Verizon Wireless

On Jun 26, 2020 10:51, Jim Fakatselis <jfakatse@...> wrote:

Thanks for the idea I will research that.

However, the question still remains, should the clutches slip due to whatever reason, is there any way to restore calibration without a physical presence In the observatory for a non encoder mount?

Jim