Re: Recal remotely?

Bob Benamati

Been there with my 900...

What I've done is slew to a known star/object in the area, center it, and select that object in my planetarium software and send a manual Rcal (a "Synch" in their terms usually).

To double check, do a quick plate solve.

HTH.
Bob
Sent via Verizon Wireless

On Jun 26, 2020 10:51, Jim Fakatselis <jfakatse@...> wrote:

Thanks for the idea I will research that.

However, the question still remains, should the clutches slip due to whatever reason, is there any way to restore calibration without a physical presence In the observatory for a non encoder mount?

Jim

> On Jun 26, 2020, at 10:02 AM, Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:
>
> 
> No idea about PinPoint, you would need to consult its documentation. It looks like there is talk about this regarding the "Search Sky Online" setting in PinPoint:
>
> https://diffractionlimited.com/help/maximdl/PinPoint_Astrometry.htm
>
>
>
>> On Jun 26, 2020, at 2:14 AM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm...I use full Pinpoint in MaxIm. Don't know how to do blind solve, would you kindly explain, is it possible with Pinpoint?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Jim
>>
>>
>> On Friday, June 26, 2020, 1:41:36 AM EDT, Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> What are you using to plate solve? A blind solve should be able to find where you are pointing in the sky.... if you are using a plate solver that is capable of blind solves.
>>
>>>> On Jun 26, 2020, at 1:39 AM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sure this has been asked before but ....here goes. (Let the flames fly!)
>>>
>>> I have a AP 130EDF on my Mach1GTO and this evening I had set a 2 hr meridian delay and accidentally slewed to an object that had the mount just gently nudge the pier to lose its calibrated position. I could not get images to plate solve after that since the mount was not where it thought it was.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to remotely send it to a known position or any way to recal without having to go to the observatory and level off at my Park 2 position?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Jim
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.