From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Fakatselis
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 7:51 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Recal remotely?

Thanks for the idea I will research that.

However, the question still remains, should the clutches slip due to whatever reason, is there any way to restore
calibration without a physical presence In the observatory for a non encoder mount?

Jim

On Jun 26, 2020, at 10:02 AM, Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> wrote:

No idea about PinPoint, you would need to consult its documentation. It looks like there is talk about this
regarding the "Search Sky Online" setting in PinPoint:

https://diffractionlimited.com/help/maximdl/PinPoint_Astrometry.htm

On Jun 26, 2020, at 2:14 AM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmm...I use full Pinpoint in MaxIm. Don't know how to do blind solve, would you kindly explain, is it possible
with Pinpoint?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 1:41:36 AM EDT, Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> wrote:

What are you using to plate solve? A blind solve should be able to find where you are pointing in the sky.... if
you are using a plate solver that is capable of blind solves.

On Jun 26, 2020, at 1:39 AM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked before but ....here goes. (Let the flames fly!)

I have a AP 130EDF on my Mach1GTO and this evening I had set a 2 hr meridian delay and accidentally
slewed to an object that had the mount just gently nudge the pier to lose its calibrated position. I could not get
images to plate solve after that since the mount was not where it thought it was.

Is there any way to remotely send it to a known position or any way to recal without having to go to the
observatory and level off at my Park 2 position?

Thanks in advance,
Jim