Re: Recal remotely?

Dale Ghent

No idea about PinPoint, you would need to consult its documentation. It looks like there is talk about this regarding the "Search Sky Online" setting in PinPoint:

https://diffractionlimited.com/help/maximdl/PinPoint_Astrometry.htm

On Jun 26, 2020, at 2:14 AM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmm...I use full Pinpoint in MaxIm. Don't know how to do blind solve, would you kindly explain, is it possible with Pinpoint?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 1:41:36 AM EDT, Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> wrote:

What are you using to plate solve? A blind solve should be able to find where you are pointing in the sky.... if you are using a plate solver that is capable of blind solves.

On Jun 26, 2020, at 1:39 AM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before but ....here goes. (Let the flames fly!)

I have a AP 130EDF on my Mach1GTO and this evening I had set a 2 hr meridian delay and accidentally slewed to an object that had the mount just gently nudge the pier to lose its calibrated position. I could not get images to plate solve after that since the mount was not where it thought it was.

Is there any way to remotely send it to a known position or any way to recal without having to go to the observatory and level off at my Park 2 position?

Thanks in advance,
Jim