Re: Recal remotely?

Dale Ghent

What are you using to plate solve? A blind solve should be able to find where you are pointing in the sky.... if you are using a plate solver that is capable of blind solves.

On Jun 26, 2020, at 1:39 AM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before but ....here goes. (Let the flames fly!)

I have a AP 130EDF on my Mach1GTO and this evening I had set a 2 hr meridian delay and accidentally slewed to an object that had the mount just gently nudge the pier to lose its calibrated position. I could not get images to plate solve after that since the mount was not where it thought it was.

Is there any way to remotely send it to a known position or any way to recal without having to go to the observatory and level off at my Park 2 position?

Thanks in advance,
Jim