Re: What is the diameter and thread on the Pasil.4 polar scope?

Roland Christen

lol, you need to run the lathe spindle in reverse to do this!
Well yea. That's why they give you reverse.

From: Tom Blahovici <tom.va2fsq@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 25, 2020 6:03 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] What is the diameter and thread on the Pasil.4 polar scope?

Yes, I'm being to realize there's a lot of ways to do it. I think in my case I saw a Youtube video where the threading was outwards.  I didn't pay attention to the tool.  Also, read a few things.  In most cases, most of the instructions were incomplete.
Something like
"When I made threads I turned the threading tool upside down and threaded outwards. That made it easy to avoid crashing the tool into the chuck if I didn't lift the lever fast enough."
lol, you need to run the lathe spindle in reverse to do this!
I think?
First time. I'll get it.
Tom