Re: Weird issues - ASCOM driver (5.30.10) - Mach1 - APCC and PHD2 #APCC #ASCOM_V2_Driver #Guiding

Ray Gralak

Rodolphe,

I'm out of luck - cannot uninstall it, too late (10 days have passed).
I'm sorry to hear that.

Going back to the list of problems:

1. When starting a new frame capture in SCG Pro, PHD2 sends out a warning "Please disable the Synchronous
PulseGuide option in the mount's ASCOM driver settings. Enabling the setting can cause unpredictable results".
--> But the ASCOM settings are "Synchronous PulseGuide calls" disabled (box unchecked).
Again the PHD2 warning is inaccurate. You can disable synchronous Pulseguide in the driver but that won't fix the bug in PHD2. Unfortunately despite my attempts I don't think any of the PHD2 developers understand or accept that the problem is in the way PHD2 is using COM interop. There is nothing that can be changed in the AP V2 ASCOM driver to fix this.

2,. When using APCC through its virtual ports, I get an error message slewing the mount (not after the initial slew,
but when SGP attempts to center the target) : "VPort2 / Fault / SyncTarget: Valid ALT/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not
been received!" - and the 3D view blinks in red.
Use APCC's log zipper utility to zip the APCC + ASCOM logs from the last night that you encountered the problem. Post here or email me privately a link to the zip file in dropbox, google drive, or one drive.

-Ray Gralak