Re: Mach1 problem please assist

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Ron,
   Thanks for the photos. I see that you wiped off the grease on the worm and the large spur gear, is that right? And left the small gears alone, right?

cytan

On Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 01:38:37 PM CDT, Ron Kramer <ronkramer1957@...> wrote:

Thanks Christopher.  problem SOLVED.  Just recorded a new PEC in APCC.  I don't really know how to use PEMpro.  I tried it when I first got it but was told I did it wrong.
What will pempro do for me that will make it better and worthy of the hassle vs recording PEC in APCC (pro) ?
Also link to some of my re-greasing photos videos are at...     https://www.facebook.com/Ron.R.Kramer/

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:18 PM Christopher Erickson <christopher.k.erickson@...> wrote:
Divide and conquer. Always my favorite troubleshooting approach!

If you have a CP4 or a CP3 with a later firmware chip, you should be able to download the PEM data from the CP3/4 using PEMpro and then simply look at it's graph for any spurious data points.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, 5:01 AM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you are trying to chase down a problem and think it might be the mount, the best way to approach it is to disconnect every program from the mount and run it without any external inputs. That means no guider connections of any kind. Bring up your guider program and just watch the guidestar motion and take a screen shot.