Re: Mach2 Keypad

Roland Christen

The main delay now is the instruction manual. It is very lengthy to cover all the old and new features in both the CP5 and the keypad. We have a number of our staff working on it. The shutdown caused a bit of a delay which we are trying to catch up with.

From: Masera, David <DAMASERA@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 10:05 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 Keypad

Hi A-P,

Just wondering when the keypads for the Mach2 mount will be ready to ship.  I am fortunate to have received my Mach2 mount recently - Quite a work of art.  I have been reading A-P is finalizing some Keypad updates that appeal to the astro-imagers in the group before sending them out the door.  I am a visual observer who will set up in the field.  I do not want to drag my computer and table out to the site, or use a phone based app to interface with the mount.  I am sure the keypad will do everything a visual observer will ask of it, and more.  Perhaps if the Keypads are 95% complete in their programming, you could send them out.  I know the visual observers in the group will appreciate it.  You can always follow up with a software update to get the keypad programming up to 100% complete.

David