From: Brian Valente <bvalente@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 23, 2020 12:05 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Setting AP1600 limits in remote obs

Hi everyone

I'm wondering how you set your ap mount limits when you can't access your mount?

I'm thinking meridian limits and absolute limits (i.e., so it doesn't crash into the pier)

We have a 1600 GTOCP4 with absolute encoders and use APCC pro. it's on a pier in Chile (obstech) so we can't physically be there or see it.

If necessary, we can ask someone to move it around and use the software, but they may not be familiar with using APCC.

So far it hasn't been an issue because we've been doing light imaging and watching things, but we're moving into automation

--
Brian

Brian Valente