Re: Point Mapping Strategies for the Mobile Imager

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Michael.

It is a little bit of personal preference and a little bit because of the configuration inside the observatory.  You can't see them but there are four piers in there.  There is a big CDK 12.5 just to the north-west of me and there is probably less than 12" of clearance between us when he has his scope pointing west and I am pointing east.  Our mains power outlets are on the south wall and that is what I am plugged into.  The backup battery sits at the base of the pier on the west side.  If I set up the computer table on the south side then I have less cable strung across the floor and I keep the center area of the observatory a little more open so everyone can get around in the dark easier.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/