Re: What is the diameter and thread on the Pasil.4 polar scope?

Christopher Erickson

However the various adapters that AP makes adapt the Kenko polar scope to the English threaded holes on various AP mounts. They make more than one bushing adapter. I don't know which one you have.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 4:02 PM Christopher Erickson <christopher.k.erickson@...> wrote:
The PASILL polar scopes are made by Kenko in Japan. Yes, metric threads.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 3:43 PM Tom Blahovici <tom.va2fsq@...> wrote:
Hi
Well it turns out that the diameter of the threads is very different than the Passil4 on the 900.  Which is strange...The diameter of the threaded part is 1.016 inches and the threading is not 24tpi.  My thread gauge goes from 32 then to 40 tpi and it is somewhere in the middle of that.  So I assume it is metric.
This is the losmandy polar scope which I believe comes from China and then adapted by AP.
So I guess I will need a metric thread gauge.
Tom