Re: A question about a AP155 EDFS with the 2.7" focuser

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Dean, without a rear element in the imaging train, I think you can put the darn thing wherever you want and just bring it to focus. If you have a FF or Reducer/Flattener in play, they only deliver their promise at the precise distance to the chip. No flattener, no issue. Pretty sure.

Stuart Heggie (who has an AP155EDF w FF and 155TCC)

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 at 19:58, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
OK, now I am hearing from the scope's owner that the 86.5 number is the spacing for the flatener - which I do not anticipate that we will need with a 4/3" sized detector (the same size as a 8300 CCD).

How far back should I set the camera detector from the back of the focuser barrel to be able to have some reasonable in and out travel of the focuser?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Stuart