Re: Point Mapping Strategies for the Mobile Imager

Dean Jacobsen

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 09:57 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
If you can leave your pier there, maybe one solution is to leave your mount base attached and simply remove the Ra axis from the base. There are 6 screws that attach the RA axis to the base and they can be easily removed to allow the rest of the mount to go home with you. That way you don't have to redo your polar alignment every time you set up, and your model will be accurate.
Yes, the pier is permanently mounted with the Mach1/Mach2 mounting plate screwed on to the permanent pier.  However, I can't just drop the mount on the mounting plate and get the same position.  I always have to tune up the azimuth polar alignment and sometimes a little altitude adjustment is required.

Thank you for the suggestion about pulling the RA axis off the base!!!  That is definitely something that I will do.  That will save me a lot of time.

Thank you for the suggestions on the dec. line mapping as well.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/