Re: Point Mapping Strategies for the Mobile Imager

Konstantin von Poschinger

If you always setup the same equipment I would try to reuse al full point mapping. Make signs on the counter wight shaft an so on and install all things in the same way.

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 20.06.2020 um 18:33 schrieb Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>:

[Edited Message Follows]

Because of the security situation there.  I don't have sole control of the site and thus I can't configure a security system [limiting access, etc.] that would make me feel comfortable in leaving my equipment set up.

Some people leave their gear out there.  All of mine fits in the trunk of a Honda Civic and it doesn't take very long to set up and to break down.  It is a worry free solution for me.

So Roland, what do you think about the viability of using a 2 or 4 or 6 line mapping run to bracket the declination of my intended target?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/