Re: Point Mapping Strategies for the Mobile Imager

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi Dean,

I use the two line mapping cause we have always different setups. We are working with a AP3600 with normaly two telescopes mounted. But then other peoples came and put their Teleskopes also on  the mount. A normal full sky mapping would take to long. Thats why I tested the two line mapping. Normally when a setup is not beeing changed every time you should better build and reuse a full sky mapping.
Yes the two lines are bracketing the declination of the objekt.

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 20.06.2020 um 16:40 schrieb Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>:

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 12:33 AM, Konstantin von Poschinger wrote:
I have done that with a two line mapping. Worked fine.
Konstantin, when you say "two line mapping", I am assuming those two lines are bracketing the declination of the object you are intending to image that night, correct?

I didn't get a response from anyone as to whether there is inherently anything wrong with doing a special abbreviated map focused on the single object to be imaged that night.  However, it seems like [purely guesswork on my part] this is similar to what is being incorporated into the new keypad software.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/