Re: Mach2 power consumption #Mach2GTO

David

Try one of these.  I have them both and they are great solutions using Powerpole connections.
They run cool, and quiet, and have never given a problem in the years I’ve used them.

David

On Jun 20, 2020, at 6:27 AM, Jerome Allison <jallison@...> wrote:

Roland, do you have a better 120VAC to 12VDC power supply solution for me?  I'm looking for one.
Between weather and schedule, I finally had a chance outside in the back yard Friday night to see how everything would work.  I've made a lot of changes to my equipment arrangement and wanted a dry run.
I don't want to draw this out, but that Pyramid power supply that I mentioned before (and you noted its inefficiency) does seem to be pretty lame.  I only bought it because it seemed pretty popular/well regarded a few years ago. After a couple hours running my mount, cameras, etc., it was fine.  (as in, who's worrying about the power supply going out?)
But later, during a big double axis slew it QUIT with a "Protection" error light. I let it cool down and it worked from then on, but I was much gentler with it.
I don't want this to happen again, so is the Powerwerx supply the best solution?
Thanks, Jerome