Re: Messier 13 with 10in Newtonian and AP 1100GTO mount

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

That is an excellent image - I really love these ONTC scopes.  I went with the 8 inch f/4 as I did not think the 10 inch f/4 was a good match for the Mach1 and it has not disappointed me.

Michael Fulbright

On 6/18/20 11:54 AM, Luca Marinelli wrote:
I have been imaging with a TS ONTC 10in f4 Newtonian scope for a couple of years (40lbs with all the bells and whistles attached and just about a meter long). I had it mounted on a latest generation AP Mach1GTO mount and this Spring I bought an AP 1100GTO from a ap-gto fellow subscriber. I expected to find significant improvement in the atmospheric conditions it could handle but I was pleasantly surprised at how much tighter and rounder stars were under pretty much all circumstances. I couldn't be happier with the combination of the AP 1100GTO and APPC Pro. It truly just works night in and night out.

The first image I was processed with this imaging system is a deep view of Messier 13. I annotated all the galaxies in the field of view using the Hyperleda catalog and you can find smudges in the image corresponding to galaxies down to roughly magnitude 22.5. This image was awarded Astrobin's Image of the Day today. The annotated images can be found on my Astrobin page, if you are interested:

https://astrob.in/ydk4cz/0/

I hope you enjoy the images!

Cheers,

Luca