Re: Mach1 problem please assist

Ron Kramer

Kit arrived late last night. (UPS error)
Today it was hot in the dome so I just did the RA worm and drive gear. And the side gears)
I hope to test tonight and see if it solves my RA kicking problem.

I inspected the worm and was in fine shape - EXCEPT I had some very rough area which I don't think matters. It was way over on the very edges of the worm... like the last 2-3 turns were rough. I don't believe this are ever used?

I greased the entire worm even though it said just the center is all that's needed. Figured it would help ward off corrosion.   The process wasn't scary once the RA box was removed. In fact (I don't recommend this) but I didn't even take my gear off the mount.  RASA 11 + essentials upside down at times.   I forgot about the cords but never turned more than 180.  I actually read the instructions after I was done. (common for me, I like to dig in) then see what I did wrong.

SOUNDS nice... Will see if the RA hiccups tonight in a guiding test.  if all is good I'll do DEC tomorrow but RA was a primary concern as it would jump and killed every other sub.

Will see tonight.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 4:33 PM Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

Ron,

Now that our production staff has returned, the turnaround time for repairs is pretty quick. There is no standard cost for a “ tune up” since it depends on what is involved and if parts have to be replaced.

Try regreasing first and contact us again if you can’t resolve the issue.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd