Re: help with AP900 guiding via ASIAir Pro

>>> It really appears to me to be that somehow PHD2 (and ASIAir guiding - which borrows from PHD2) is sending something to the AP900 controller that turns off or stalls the tracking.

okay now i'm less confused - you have the same thread going in the PHD forums.

PHD has no code that enables or disables tracking, as you know from Bruce's reply over there, so it's not originating from PHD2.

If you are bouncing between PHD2 and ASIAir, it's probably better if you stick with PHD2 and resolve it first, then move to ASIAir. they are not transparent in what changes they've made to the app, so it's unclear how their custom version actually works

Brian

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 3:20 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

GTO2 mount with an upgraded CP4 chip.
Again there is no GTO2 mount with CP4 chip. There is a 900 GTO mount. There is a CP4 servo controller which does not have chips. It is software programmable, whereas the older CP3 controllers were chip programmable.

In any case, a 900 mount with a CP4 servo controller should work properly with any external software such as PHD2. I am still totally confused about what the calibration star is doing. If the move commands are set at 450msec and you have entered the correct focal length, the guide star should move about 7 arc sec for each move command. In one direction the guide command would be to "Move East 450msec" and the motor would stop tracking for 450msec, which causes the star to move east 7 arc sec. Each 450msec command moves the star another 7 arc sec east. In the other direction the command would be "Move West 450msec". The motor will speed up to 2x sidereal and move 7 arc sec west. These Move East and Move West commands are interpreted by the ASCOM driver and sent to the mount. Normally that works perfectly fine.