Re: Point Mapping Strategies for the Mobile Imager

Terri Zittritsch

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:16 AM, Worsel wrote:
Terri

Which of the plate-solving options within SGP are you using?  I know the APPC Pro manual suggests PlatSolve2 form Planewave, but ASTAP is much faster.  A local install of astrometry.net is nearly as fast.  Obviously there is a learning curve with both, but once configured, they are good to go.

Bryan
Hy Bryan, thanks for your response.     I use platesolve2 as my base, but have a local copy of astrometry.net for blind solving as well.     I have not tried Astrometry.net outside of using it with SGPro and blind solving.     I've not tried ASTAP either but I'll look into it, thank you for the pointer!

Terri