From: Dean Jacobsen
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:46 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Old Keypad Repair/Refurbishing

I am wondering to what extent the fine folks at Astro-Physics can refurbish older model keypads.

I have an older one that I got in 2005 with my 1200GTO, the serial number is 1652GTO.

Two years ago various buttons started getting flaky so I though it would be nice to get a new keypad as my primary keypad and I put this one in the box as a backup.

Now I am getting my AP900 ready to sell and I was going to include the old keypad in the bundle if I can get it working right.

I have replaced the battery and reloaded the battery, re-loaded the database and have uploaded the latest firmware.  However, the keypad sometimes locks up on initialization as I am trying to enter in location and park position data.  Maybe this is because of the buttons not working properly or something is wrong with the new firmware.

Is this keypad a lost cause because it just doesn't have the horsepower to run the latest firmware or can a new button module be fitted and the keypad be revived?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/