Re: APCC and APPM - just wow

your shot looks great! 

we have to get this setup dialed in to image in earnest

no diagonal in there. still hunting it down

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 8:24 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm going to have to shoot that one with my 17" astrograph. I recently shot it with my 160 refractor, also unguided. Posted here:

I'm wondering why a lot of astrophotos are posted L-R reversed. Yours seems to be reversed. Is there a diagonal in your image train? That may explain the strange reflections.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jun 12, 2020 10:14 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC and APPM - just wow

>>>What kind of scope is that?

ah sorry - Planewave CDK17 + FLI Profline 16803

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 8:01 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
What kind of scope is that?

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jun 12, 2020 9:33 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC and APPM - just wow

wrapping up first light, I apologize for the rather terrible reflections and total lack of any calibration frames, but for 20 mins of lum integration (@ 60 sec/image) and the crazy polar misalignment (due to lack of tech ops time at the site) i have to once again say APPM is pretty magical for correcting this, and super easy as a first time user

now we just need to hunt down those reflections (any ideas anyone?)

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 6:47 PM Brian Valente via groups.io <bvalente=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ray - this is a fantastic program, particularly APPM. outstanding!

doing our first light remote, and the technician did a very rough polar alignment. the stars were visibility moving across the screen every 10 second exposure, despite having an AP1600 with absolute encoders. 

Just for laughs I auto-ran APPM "small" model to see if I could correct that, hoping maybe we could pull a first light that had at least sort of round stars and not just a smear. Never used that part of the program before, but 20 minutes later, it successfully completed

i'm doing some quick images, but we have round stars, and the offset it's correcting is pretty egregious:

Capture.JPG

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.