Re: Going Unguided With a Long FL Scope?

Roland Christen

can I expect to go 10 min or longer unguided with AE's and a good pointing model??
As long as your mirror doesn't flop, I believe 10 minutes will work ok. If you have any random flexure in the optical train, it may not work.

From: Tony Benjamin <tonybenjamin@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 11, 2020 11:18 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Going Unguided With a Long FL Scope?

Hi,

I've been putting together my imaging train for my C11 and have hit a snag. The QHYOAG will be hitting the back of the LiteCrawler using the backfocus of the 146mm. I can't see anyway around this except for:

  • a guidescope (flexure issue;
  • a new camera with minimal backfocus (the ML16200 I'm using eats up 21mm - maybe the ASI6200??); or
  • go unguided.
So far, going unguided seems to be the most reasonable solution. Question is...at 2800mm and with AE's...can I expect to go 10 min or longer unguided with AE's and a good pointing model??