Re: APPM plate solve failure and then APCC stopping working

Ray Gralak

Jiang,

Since I posted last have you followed any on my settings?

If my understanding correctly, when this option checked, then APPM sends JNow coordinates to PlateSolve
app. If unchecked, then APPM sends J2000 to the PlateSolve app.
Incorrect. The setting simply shows what plate solve coordinates will be stored in the PNT file. Here's what the help says:

Precess J2000 to JNow: When checked the plate-solved coordinates are converted to JNow when stored in the log file, which might be useful for debugging purposes.

The most important object is that I don't want APCC pro hanging (which you didn't answer for me yet) when I
enable the point model with the data corrected from APPM with the unchecked option. The APCC application
stops working when I enable the Pointing/Tracking Correction. I can't close the APCC Pro window at all.
I don't know why that would happen. I will look into it but I don't have an answer for you now.

But you really want that option enabled for highest accuracy. The historical calculation of precession may not be as accurate as saving the precessed J2000 coordinates that returned are from the plate solves.

I have used wider field (Traveler 105mm/F6 and 130GTX) refractors as well as longer focal length (180EDT F9) refractors on my 1100AE and 1200 mounts. I don't have the plate solve problems you had. However, I think if you follow the settings guidelines I suggested I think you won't have problems.

-Ray Gralak