Re: APPM plate solve failure and then APCC stopping working

Ray Gralak

Hi Jian

Failed plate solves are a problem with the settings you are using, not APPM. APPM just instantiates the selected plate solver.

Some ways to handle plate solving problems:

·         Take the time to more accurately polar align your mount to within a couple arc-minutes of the pole.

·         Use full-frame images unbinned images (if you are not already)

·         Increase the Max Solve Time

·         Enable the “Try All-Sky plate solving if available” option.

·         Increase the image scale tolerance if you don’t know your image scale accurately.

·         Set the option to update image scale from next plate solve.

·         And very importantly, enable the “Use last plate solve’s offset as hint for next plate solve”.

Here’s a screenshot of how you might setup some of those settings in APPM:

-Ray Gralak