Re: APPM plate solve failure and then APCC stopping working
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Failed plate solves are a problem with the settings you are using, not APPM. APPM just instantiates the selected plate solver.
Some ways to handle plate solving problems:
· Take the time to more accurately polar align your mount to within a couple arc-minutes of the pole.
· Use full-frame images unbinned images (if you are not already)
· Increase the Max Solve Time
· Enable the “Try All-Sky plate solving if available” option.
· Increase the image scale tolerance if you don’t know your image scale accurately.
· Set the option to update image scale from next plate solve.
· And very importantly, enable the “Use last plate solve’s offset as hint for next plate solve”.
Here’s a screenshot of how you might setup some of those settings in APPM:
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of PEMPro V3: https://www.ccdware.com
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of jypeng@...
> Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:52 PM
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: [ap-gto] APPM plate solve failure and then APCC stopping working
> Hi Ray,
> I had tried to run APPM twice on June 8 and 10 with a clear sky. I got the same problems in the following steps.
> 1. Started APPM after Horizon and Meridian setup, and camera used SGPro, and selected Small Map Default.
> 2. APPM was able to solve the first two points and then always failed after the third point. See attached image 1.
> 3. So, I stopped the APPM at the fourth point and went to SGPro to plate solve the image. See attached image 2.
> It seemed SGPro's image was pointing in the right direction.
> 4. Since APPM consistently failed to plate solve after the first two points, so I unchecked "Precess J2000 to JNow"
> and run again.
> See image 3. Then APPM completes run without any failure.
> 5. However, If I enable Tracking/Pointing Correction in the Pointing Model, then the APCC application stops working.
> The mount slew to park 3 after a timeout when APCC is no response anymore.
> if I don't enable the pointing model, and APCC pro works fine,
> Could you help me to identify my problems? I guess that I should not uncheck Precess J2000 to JNow.
> I uploaded the June 10 log file to the following link
> Jian Yuan Peng