Re: APCC, APPM pointing model and camera rotation

Roland Christen

I suppose your answer is the same regarding the camera does not come into the equation.
That is correct. The camera does not do anything as far as mount functions. It's like an eyepiece with a crosshair. You can rotate the crosshair all you want, it has no effect on the mount tracking rates.

From: Sam Saeed via groups.io <samsaeed4241@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 10, 2020 7:32 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC, APPM pointing model and camera rotation

Thank you Rolando,

I should have phrased the question better. I’m most concerned with unguided exposures rather than pointing. Just wanted to make sure that unguided exposures won’t be affected by camera rotation.
I suppose your answer is the same regarding the camera does not come into the equation.

Sam Saeed

From: <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of "uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io" <chris1011@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 3:45 PM
To: "main@ap-gto.groups.io" <main@ap-gto.groups.io>

Pointing is a function between your planetarium program and the mount. You camera does not come into the equation.