Re: Regreasing an Astro-Physics mount

Karen Christen

Ron,

As Dean said, please just give us a call at 815.282.1513 during the day.  The Grease Kits are not available to purchase on our website because we only sell them to people who own AP mounts, such as yourself.  Cost is $35 and includes worm grease, spur gear grease, a brush, and comprehensive instructions.

If a daytime call doesn’t fit your schedule please email me directly at karen at astro-physics dot com and I’ll be happy to help you.

Karen C

AP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Kramer
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:38 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Regreasing an Astro-Physics mount

STILL looking for this elusive Grease Kit.  Link? search will not reveal it.   Price? details? 

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM George <george@...> wrote:

Ron,

All the information that you seek is in the Greasing Instructions that come with the Grease Kit.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Kramer
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 3:33 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Regreasing an Astro-Physics mount

yeah that's a given - thanks for the heads up.  Anything else due to the springs?  see previous questions. 

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 4:06 PM Fernando Proietti <fernandoaproietti@...> wrote:

Just in case: I do not know if it is "common, well known knowledge". I just learnt recently from George:

George

qua., 13 de mai. 17:18

para mim

""Fernando,

If the motor box is removed for greasing the wheel, or if the worm is turned manually, then yes, it would need a new PE curve or disable PEM.

Regards,

George""

Em qua., 10 de jun. de 2020 às 16:56, Fernando Proietti via groups.io <fernandoaproietti=gmail.com@groups.io> escreveu:

+ 1 !!!

Em qua., 10 de jun. de 2020 às 15:42, Ron Kramer <ronkramer1957@...> escreveu:

AGREE - I have the spring loaded mesh units and wonder if there are tricks or troubles to watch out for?  (To now loose spring tension or mess it up).

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 3:30 AM DiscoDuck <montagoo@...> wrote:

Hi Rolando,
Thanks for that. I'd love to see a quick video of a Mach1 gearbox being removed from the mount if possible. (I have latest version - one of the last Mach1 batch).
Regards,
Paul

--

--

--

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.