From: Ron Kramer <ronkramer1957@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 10, 2020 6:29 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC, APPM pointing model and camera rotation

I bought APCC pro and planned on a pointing model. But once I put the Mach1 to use I found I did not need a pointing model. I've not found any pointing error.  If there is some because I unclutched and moved the mount a plate solve syncs it in 2 seconds. (ASTAP)
I have read that it would help if I just track without guiding for longer exposures. Since PHD2 is free why "not guide".
I've found no need for a pointing model to improve accuracy.
I'm a newbie - this May was my3 year. I like to enjoy the hobby so I opt for fun and fast results.
This often means that I also skip all calibration frames.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/158199519@N08/?fbclid=IwAR0WLo2gGNzPk8PjY9VSDEQljSXdA7lxteHvXvyxMOkoxkwO2irTuBNgiEk

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 6:45 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Pointing is a function between your planetarium program and the mount. You camera does not come into the equation.