From: Michael Hambrick via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 1:13 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 transport case

I have been working with this same Ridgid stackable tool box system (based on Joe Z's original post) to hold my 1100 mount components, but I did not know that they also made the open tub. That is good to know. There are 3 boxes in the set that I bought (see below), and I am using closed cell PE foam as padding.

I can fit 3 of my 18 pound counterweights into the smallest box.
The bottom box (with wheels) will hold the Dec axis with the DOVELM162 saddle attached, but the insert in the lid had to be removed.
The middle box will hold the RA axis, but several of the ribs in the lid had to be partially removed.
I still have to figure out where my 10 pound counterweight and the counterweight shaft will go. I may be able to fit both of them into the bottom box with the Dec axis.

Once I finish adding the foam padding I will try to post some pictures.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

From:        "Dean  Jacobsen" <deanjacobsen@...>
To:        main@ap-gto.groups.io
Date:        2020-06-09 11:05 AM
Sent by:        main@ap-gto.groups.io

This is my approach for the "case" for the counterweight bar, the saddle plate and the counterweights:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Box-Black-226036/206291778 [homedepot.com]

I grabbed some old bath and beach towels and I wrap the counterweight shaft and the saddle plate with the towels.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/  [astrophoto.net]