Re: Dumb question about APPM

Ray Gralak

Hi Dean,

> So, for the purpose of collecting measurement points, is there any need to set the Min. Altitude to anything less than

> 45 degrees or maybe 40 degrees?

No, there isn't.

> With the Min. Altitude selector set to 40 degrees, the medium map default points are significantly less than with the

> selector off [57 vs. 155].

You can increase the density of either RA or Dec points by changing the "Declination Spacing" and "Right Ascension Spacing" sliders. You can create quite dense models very easily by decreasing the spacing of either of these.

> The only exception to my usual practice is where I am imaging high in the north where I may start objects 1/2 hour

> earlier than 45 degrees altitude.

If you create Horizon limits in APCC, APPM can use them if you enabled the "Use APPCC Horizon Limits".

Below is a screen shot with these items highlighted. Notice in the map that I have elected to use my Horizon limits so APPM requires both the Min Altitude (31 degrees in this case), and the horizon limits to define points.

-Ray Gralak