Re: A note about posting URLs

Mike Dodd

On 6/3/2020 1:12 PM, jimmyjujames wrote:
I did not know about the <URL> brackets.

<http://www.jimmyjujames.com/>
I found if I add a new return at end of URL it turns URL blue and makes
it linkable.
http://www.jimmyjujames.com/
I think I'm a bit out of date. The link in Roland's original post I received was not a clickable link, but the URLs in my reply WERE links when the posting came back from groups.io.

I received a private email from someone saying he hasn't used angle brackets for 10 years.

It looks like modern email clients (I use Thunderbird) convert many but not all URLs to clickable links.

--- Mike