Re: NGC5371 and surrounding galaxies

Roland Christen

I also use 5 min subs at times, especially when satellites go streaking across the field. That way I don't get every exposure with streaks. Until 11pm here i get satellite streaks in long exposures ~ 20 min or more, so it's not possible to get good data.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jun 2, 2020 4:51 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] NGC5371 and surrounding galaxies

Hi Rolando,
   That's an interesting technique. I usually use 5 min subs. I'll try it out the next time.

cytan

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 04:49:48 PM CDT, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

10 minute subs x 12

I like to expose until the central part of the galaxy is near saturation, but does not exceed it. That way the core is not blown out and no detail is lost there.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 2, 2020 4:24 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] NGC5371 and surrounding galaxies

Rolando that's great

how long was each exposure?

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 2:14 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Astronuts,

I joined AstroBin and posted my first image. Hope the link works:

This is an image taken with the Mach2 and 160EDF refractor, unguided over a period of 2 hours. I modeled a path that the object would take with 3 data points and let MaximDL take a set of images until the scope ran out of room and stopped at the limit. I'm shooting in very light polluted skies, the Moon was up and bright, so i was pleased that i was able to record some very faint stuff.

No guide scope was used, no field flattener, just the 160 refractor straight to the 8300 chip. Larger chips would need a flattener of course.

Rolando

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.