NGC5371 and surrounding galaxies

Roland Christen

Hi Astronuts,

I joined AstroBin and posted my first image. Hope the link works:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/vsz056/0/?nc=user

This is an image taken with the Mach2 and 160EDF refractor, unguided over a period of 2 hours. I modeled a path that the object would take with 3 data points and let MaximDL take a set of images until the scope ran out of room and stopped at the limit. I'm shooting in very light polluted skies, the Moon was up and bright, so i was pleased that i was able to record some very faint stuff.

No guide scope was used, no field flattener, just the 160 refractor straight to the 8300 chip. Larger chips would need a flattener of course.