Re: What's the effect of imaging through jet stream?

Cheng-Yang Tan

Yes, both conditions can destroy image quality. For the heat from the pavement, at least from my experience, there's enough cool down time for the pavement from installation to the first image that it really doesn't matter. Hot roofs on the other hand is a different story. I try not to image above the roofline which is south of me. I try to image as high in the sky as possible and that's works well. That's the travails of imaging in suburbia.

cytan

On Sunday, May 31, 2020, 05:59:58 PM CDT, Robert Berta <biker123@...> wrote:

I think you mentioned that you were setup on a sidewalk.....if so were you shooting over pavement, or perhaps over roofs of houses? Both of those conditions will destroy your image quality.