Re: Stall Issue

Roland Christen

Plug the RA cable into the Dec and see if the motor will move. If it does not, then you have a motor problem. If it does move, then you have a cable problem. It won't be mechanical by what you have described.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...>; main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, May 30, 2020 11:39 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Stall Issue

Wiring is good to go. Spur gear moves fine by hand.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 9:36 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Stall Issue

Check your wiring. Your motor might not be connected to the CP.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, May 30, 2020 11:19 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Stall Issue

Hello all,

Having an issue with a motor stall after re-greasing my 1100AE mount. The stall seems to be related to movements in DEC. When I press those buttons on the keypad, the light on the back turns amber without any movement occurring. Using the spring-loaded worm system works fine, I can release and re-engage with no issues and the worm spins freely with no unexpected contact. I have no strange play in DEC, it is nice and solid as expected. 

I do have to be clear about one thing I did do mistakenly. There is a large hex bolt above the backstop/switch that I loosened when the instructions said the "center screw" not seeing the one on the inside of the motor box. I tightened it back up before proceeding any further once I found the right screw -- I am guessing this is related. 

Any steps I can take? I went through the motor removal and reinstallation process and that has not aided in solving the problem. 

Thanks,
Bill

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.