Re: What's the effect of imaging through jet stream?

Cheng-Yang Tan

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, the upgrade to an OAG this coming week will remove all doubt that it is flexure that's the underlying problem.

And I'm looking forward to the new firmware on the keypad and CP4. Thing can only better.

cytan

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 06:47:58 PM CDT, Joseph Beyer <jcbeyer2001@...> wrote:

Cytan,

I was having the same problem with my FSQ mounted on my Mach1. I purchased the Baader guide scope and mount combination A-P sells and moved the guider off the rings. That helped quite a bit. The biggest improvement was made by purchasing APCC Pro and running a model with APPM and turning off the guider.  I ran the guider for several nights with the tracking model running and it added little to nothing.  The star morphology has not been better.

Of course your situation may be different.  The seeing changes quite frequently where I live along the west coast.  At times it seems the guider just makes things worse.

Joe

On May 30, 2020, at 4:24 PM, Worsel via groups.io <bryancashion@...> wrote:

CY

Jerry Lodriguss' take on the jet stream and seeing

http://www.astropix.com/html/i_astrop/Planetary_Imaging.html

Bryan