Re: What's the effect of imaging through jet stream?

Joseph Beyer

Cytan,

I was having the same problem with my FSQ mounted on my Mach1. I purchased the Baader guide scope and mount combination A-P sells and moved the guider off the rings. That helped quite a bit. The biggest improvement was made by purchasing APCC Pro and running a model with APPM and turning off the guider.  I ran the guider for several nights with the tracking model running and it added little to nothing.  The star morphology has not been better.

Of course your situation may be different.  The seeing changes quite frequently where I live along the west coast.  At times it seems the guider just makes things worse.

Joe

On May 30, 2020, at 4:24 PM, Worsel via groups.io <bryancashion@...> wrote:

CY

Jerry Lodriguss' take on the jet stream and seeing

http://www.astropix.com/html/i_astrop/Planetary_Imaging.html

Bryan