From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steven Steven
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2020 10:17 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 Unguided testing continues

It isn't set on the first image, it sets on the second one, so a short ~20 sec image is made first, then another
~20 sec image is made, and the initial tracking corrections are then applied on the third science image at the
normal exposure you decide. Each subsequent exposure is calculated according to the tracking information
gained from the previous image, and each one adjusts the motor speed as required to keep within the limits
that you configure. Once the initial tracking rate is set, subsequent corrections are fine adjustments made by
the software. In order not to chase the seeing conditions, you can configure AT to make adjustments every nth
image, as described in the User Guide (which is in abbreviated form at the moment, but more than adequate
for our purposes).