Re: Mach2 Unguided testing continues

Linda Thomas

I don’t have any experience using it so I might be wrong. But, I think the pixel value for settling is ignored and it just waits the settle time if you have that turned on.

On May 28, 2020, at 1:02 PM, Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:

I don't believe settle has any impact since there is no guide star to settle on

but if you go the other route of using PHD, i would set the settle extremely high, like 5 pixels for 0 seconds, so essentially it disables it

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 10:00 AM Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 09:42 AM, Brian Valente wrote:
i've used Direct Mount for unguided and it works great for dithering. you don't even need PHD at that point
Linda & Brian,

I am assuming that you also set the "settle at" parameter to 0.0 pixels?

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

--