Re: Mach2 Unguided testing continues

Donald Rudny

Hi All,

After following this thread, I am still unsure of how this is done.  Sounds like a revolutionary system.  I have an AP1100 with CP4, so I think I just need to upgrade the CP4  firmware and buy an upgraded keypad.  It sounds like there needs to be a camera input.  How is that done?  I didn’t think there was any input into the keypad for a camera input.  Is APCC involved at all?  Hope someone can explain in simple terms.

Thanks

Don

Don Rudny

On May 27, 2020, at 4:01 PM, Bruce Donzanti <donza2735@...> wrote:

Thank you/ good to know it will work on my AP1100 and Mach 1

Appreciate the follow up information

On May 27, 2020, at 9:35 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

I did a bunch of testing this spring with my 175 refractor/1600AE mount in our Hawaii observatory. Was able to get easily 20 minute exposures for many hours on the same object until it went too low in the west. never got around to processing them since my goal was not pretty images but data on tracking accuracy, etc. I also did some preliminary work last year at the AP observatory with my 17" astrograph and 1600AE mount.

So yes, the program will work with any of our mounts, not just the Mach2.