Re: USB / Serial and WIFI connection #Mach2GTO

Roland Christen

I connect my Mach2 directly from the laptop 4 ways simultaneously. One connection is with USB cord going from USB connector on the laptop directly to the USB connector on the mount. i connect SkyX, MaximDL and PHD2 via this simple connection on one com port. I can do this directly with only the ASCOM driver connected or with APCC connected and the 3 programs connected thru virtual com ports. Both work easily and always.

My second connection is a direct Ethernet cable going from my laptop Ethernet connector directly to the CP5 Ethernet input. With this connection I can communicate directly with the mount via the AP terminal mode.

My third connection can be via wifi and smart phone apps.

My 4th connection is the keypad which I can use for many different functions.

All 4 connections work seamlessly together. The first one requires setting up the AP ASCOM driver. The rest are stand-alone.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, May 27, 2020 12:57 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] USB / Serial and WIFI connection #Mach2GTO

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 01:55 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
is therefore is it possible to have active at the same time, a USB / Serie connection on the PC and a connection by WIFI on the smartphone?
Yes, certainly.

The question is how? I tried what I seem to have understood on the APCC manual ... but without success.
When the connection port is a virtual port the impossibility to connect flashing is displayed.

Dominique

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.