Re: Mach2 power consumption #Mach2GTO

All my other equipment is based on 12V power.  I use the Pyramid indoors for testing/practice, or in the back yard.  Otherwise when at a dark site, it's all 12V batteries.  But, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for reminding me about microstepping.  With the Arduino focuser I mentioned before, I intentionally used a stepper with a 28:1 planetary gear reduction.  That way I could avoid microstepping and thus put it to sleep without losing its position.  With that gearing, it's very resistant to external movement.

Jerome