Re: Using Astrophotography Tool to capture images and drive 900GTO but the Meridian Delay is not working for some reason

George

Kevin,

Are you connecting through the ASCOM driver (AstroPhysics GTO ASCOM Mount)?

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Boucher
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:07 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Using Astrophotography Tool to capture images and drive 900GTO but the Meridian Delay is not working for some reason

Anyway I am driving the mount via a GOTO command from APT (Astrophotography Tool) and the mount seems to completely ignore the Meridian delay setting. I use that extensively to get the most imaging out of my night without worries of cameras hitting the pier. I checked the Setup-> "Time & season setting" and it is correct. Not sure what else to look for. I have a CP3 controller with Q firmware version as I remember. I have also tried parking mount and then moving it to around the Park 3 configuration before issuing the GOTO command from APT with no luck as I remember there was an issue starting from Park 1 position as I know not really supported but works best for my Obs setup.

Appreciate any ideas you an offer...

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.