Re: Mach2 power consumption #Mach2GTO

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Roland.

the part in your previous post about "stalls and/or resonance situations" got me thinking that I should run the mount at 24 volts instead of the 13.6 volts that I have the power supply set to.  Power efficiency is not really a concern while the mains are on and the standby battery is a large capacity battery which would actually run my AP900, camera, laptop, etc. for two nights.  So I can afford to be inefficient with an inverter if it means that I am avoiding the possibility of stalls and/or resonance situations.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/