Re: Mach2 power consumption #Mach2GTO

Dean Jacobsen

Ok, now that raises a question for me.

While we do have 120V power at the observatory, it is unreliable [rural location, the utility sometimes shuts it off to prevent brush fires, a club member may not realize that I am on site and will shut down the sit power when they leave at 2am].  So, I have everything set up to run on 12v and if the power is interrupted, then everything immediately switches over to a 12v LiPO4 battery that is on standby [ http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=epic-pwrgate ].

It looks like I should be using a 12v to 120v inverter for the mount with the supplied 24v power supply plugged in... right?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/