Re: Mach2 and PHD2 Guiding recommendations

Roland Christen

Excellent.

From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 24, 2020 10:29 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 and PHD2 Guiding recommendations

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:33 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
It's really quite simple.

1) Set a delay of 2 to 3 seconds between guide exposures. No need to chase gear errors because there aren't any.
2) use whatever exposure time you want to get a good signal/noise ratio (usually from 1 to 5 seconds)
3) use Guiding assistant to gauge the seeing and set your MinMove to what is recommended.
4) depending on seeing, the aggressiveness can be set between 50% to 90%.

Be sure that your guide scope focal length is set properly in PHD2 in the scope setup window.

Then image away.

Rolando
OK, the Mach2 arrived Friday and I took a trip out to the observatory last night.

Had been able to update my ASCOM/AP Driver/PHD2/SGP software and driver stack.  TheSkyX connects.  APCC Pro was set up and functioning.

No modeling or other fancy stuff yet.

Here is a segment of guiding after the sequence completed and there weren't any dithers for a while.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/