Re: Mach2 power consumption #Mach2GTO

Terri Zittritsch

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 04:02 PM, Jerome Allison wrote:
I'm wondering what other Mach2 users are experiencing with power usage with their mounts.

Using a Powerwerx watt meter, I'm seeing about 1.05 amps at 13.8V while tracking, as much as 5.15 amps while slewing.  I'm powering with a Pyramid PS-15KX supply, and it gets hot.  (Still indoors due to lousy weather).

These motors are drawing a lot of juice!  Is that to be expected?
I checked out mine early on as well, and found that its current draw higher than the specs, at 12V, but was dealing with other things so haven't fed back the numbers.   I haven't paid a lot of attention to the 18V current numbers, which should be lower, because while it's plugged in I have all the juice that I need.

Terri