Re: Mach2 and PHD2 Guiding recommendations

Roland Christen

Try them, see which one works best for you. I have not had skies good enough for much imaging, and when it is clear I am usually testing other functions (modeling, unguided imaging etc).
If it's clear later this week I will do some PHD2 testing.

From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 19, 2020 12:47 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 and PHD2 Guiding recommendations

Excellent, it sounds simple enough.  I use PHD2 now so the guide scope is set up.

I was also wondering about Mount Guide Algorithms for both RA and declination.  Last summer you were comparing hysteresis vs lowpass vs lowpass2 if I recall correctly.  Do you have a recommendation for the RA and for the declination algorithms?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/