Re: Mach2 and PHD2 Guiding recommendations

Roland Christen

Set a delay of 2 to 3 seconds
By the way that's set in milliseconds, so should read 2000 to 3000msec in the setup window.

From: uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, May 19, 2020 12:33 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 and PHD2 Guiding recommendations

It's really quite simple.

1) Set a delay of 2 to 3 seconds between guide exposures. No need to chase gear errors because there aren't any.
2) use whatever exposure time you want to get a good signal/noise ratio (usually from 1 to 5 seconds)
3) use Guiding assistant to gauge the seeing and set your MinMove to what is recommended.
4) depending on seeing, the aggressiveness can be set between 50% to 90%.

Be sure that your guide scope focal length is set properly in PHD2 in the scope setup window.

Then image away.